Tuesday 5 March 2013

Comparing results



Since starting to use different film cameras and looking at the individual results I've not really been able to make up my mind as to whether there is a great difference in the image quality or not. When comparing two different subjects its hard to be totally sure so I decided to shoot the same picture with all three of my medium format cameras and see if that would give me a conclusive answer to the question.

I chose an old dilapidated barn on the edge of town and set each camera in turn up on a tripod so as to avoid any possible camera shake (although that's another blog subject).

The results are here:

Bronica
Kodak
Solida
I'd be interested to hear if you have a preference or can see any major difference in quality on the web but looking at the printed results I think in third place is the Solida where the brickwork is not quite as sharply defined but the other two are very evenly matched which, when you consider that the Kodak camera is about 80 years old and over half a century older than the Bronica is quite amazing. Obviously this is hardly a scientific experiment and it may well have been influenced by my scanning but it hasn't helped in my decision as to which camera to use this summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment